- 3 lbs (1.5 kg) Canadian Pork back ribs
- 1 jar (250 mL) currant or grape jelly
- 1 can (51/2 fl oz/156 mL) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) bottled hot pepper sauce
- Using a fork, gently lift and peel the membrane (silverskin) away from the backside of each rack of Pork ribs and discard. Cut each rack in half (about 6 rib portions).
- In a medium saucepan, combine remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until jelly melts and mixture is well blended. Reduce heat and boil gently, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Place ribs on grill; brush lightly with sauce. Close barbecue lid and grill 12 to 15 minutes per side or until tender, turning ribs occasionally and basting with sauce.
- Accompany with corn on the cob and a tossed salad.