- 1 lbs (500 g) lean ground Canadian Pork
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) dry breadcrumbs
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh sage, or 1 tbsp (15 mL) dry crumbled sage
- 2 Tbsp (25 mL) garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL) ground black pepper
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 Kaiser or hamburger buns
- Combine all ingredients (except the buns) in a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Form into 4 equally-sized burgers, about 4-inches (10 cm) wide. Cover and refrigerate if not grilling immediately.
- Per-heat grill to medium; lightly oil grill bars with vegetable oil. Grill burgers on both sides, turning once, until completely cooked with no trace of pink, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve on buns with the usual burger toppings: bacon, mustard, mayo, tomatoes, onions, lettuce. Or try something a little more daring: grilled Portobello mushrooms, soft goat cheese, roasted peppers, arugula leaves or black olive tapenade.
Tip: All ground meat MUST be cooked to well done.