- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk or cream
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 mL) dried oregano
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 lb (500 g) ground Canadian Pork (2 cups/500 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
In a mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, milk, cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, and egg. Mash to a paste and add pork; mix thoroughly. Form into walnut-size balls.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add meatballs and cook until no trace of pink remains and browned evenly, about 15 minutes. Or, cook in oven on a greased baking sheet at 325°F (160°C) for about 20 minutes.
Use as an appetizer, or for a main course with pasta, rice, or with a spicy dipping sauce for hors d'oeuvres.