- 2 racks of Canadian Pork back ribs, about 3 lbs/1.5 kg
- 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) EACH: liquid honey, cider vinegar, and ketchup
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 mL) minced garlic
- 2 tsp (10 mL) EACH: Tabasco or hot chile sauce, garlic powder
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F (160°C). Using a fork, lift the membrane from a corner of the rib bones on the non-meaty underside, and gently peel it away from the ribs and discard. Place ribs in a single layer in a baking tray or dish, meaty side up. Add 2 cups (500 mL) of hot water to the tray. Slice lemons and place slices on top of ribs.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for about 1 hour, or until meat is easily pierced with a sharp knife, and is beginning to pull away from the rib bones. At this stage ribs can be cooled, covered and refrigerated for up to 3 days.
- Pre-heat barbeque to medium-low, or oven to 325°F (160°C). Prepare sauce: Combine all remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Place ribs on grill and baste with sauce. Keep basting and turning ribs for about 20 minutes or until ribs are thoroughly heated. Slice and serve.
Tip: Any recipe for back ribs can also be used for side ribs with equal success: just add about 50 minutes to the steaming time.