- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 ears corn shucked and kernels removed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans green chiles
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted salsa style tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 lb chopped smoked pork butt
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a Dutch oven or heavy stock pot. Add onions and the corn. Cook until the corn starts to turn a rich golden brown; stirring occassionally. This can take 10-15 minutes depending on how dark you want the corn.
- Stir in the cumin and the Cajun seasonings. Cook for 1 minute; stirring constantly. Add chicken broth scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Stir in the green chiles, salsa style tomatoes, diced tomatoes and cooked pork. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.