- 4 lb (2 kg) Canadian Pork side or back ribs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) beer*
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp each minced fresh gingerroot and 5 mL Sambal Oelek, oriental chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL ) prepared minced garlic
- Using a fork, lift the membrane (silverskin) from the backside of the Pork rib bones. Gently peel it away from the ribs and discard. Place the Pork in a large plastic bag, non-metal bowl or sealable container.
- Blend remaining ingredients and pour over Pork; seal or cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight, turning ribs occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue on high; reduce temperature to medium. Drain marinade into a small saucepan and boil 1 minute. Place Pork ribs on grill, about 6 in (15 cm) above heat. Close barbecue cover and grill 15 minutes. Turn the ribs; baste with marinade and cook, cover closed, 15 minutes more or until golden brown. Cut into 3 or 4 rib portions and serve with grilled corn and coleslaw.
*Non alcoholic beer may be used.