- 6 boneless Canadian pork loin chops, about 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar, firmly packed
- ½ cup (125 mL) apple juice
- ¼ cup (50 mL) canola oil
- 1 Tbsp (15 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- I Tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- ½ cup (125 mL) water
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, over medium heat, combine brown sugar, apple juice, canola oil, soy sauce, ginger, salt and pepper, to taste; bring to a boil.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, whisk cornstarch into the water and whisk into brown sugar mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbling and thickened.
- Reduce grill to medium-high heat. Grill chops on oiled grill, brushing often with brown sugar glaze, about 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until digital thermometer inserted sideways into the centre of each chop reads 160ºF (71ºC).Do not overcook.