- 1 lb (500 g) Canadian Pork leg inside, schnitzel
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) bread crumbs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) each canola oil, butter
- Lemon wedges
One by one, dredge Pork schnitzel with flour; dip in egg beaten with water and then into bread crumbs combined with thyme, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in large frypan over medium high heat. When hot, add butter.
Saute Pork slices until golden brown on both sides, about 8 minutes. Cook in batches, adding more oil and butter, if necessary. Do not crowd meat. Serve with lemon wedges.