- 1 lb (500 g) Lean ground Canadian PORK or hot Italian PORK sausage, casing removed
- 1-28 fl oz (796 mL) canned diced tomatoes with Italian spices
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) chili powder
- 1-19 oz (540 mL) canned kidney or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) corn, frozen
In a large skillet or Dutch oven , cook ground Pork or crumbled Pork sausage over medium-high heat; stirring occationally. When Pork is thoroughly cooked, drain excess fat. Add canned tomatoes (with juice) and chili powder. Bring to a boil, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add beans and corn. Simmer for another 5 minutes.
Serve with whole-wheat crusty rolls. Top with sour cream and grated cheese if desired.